[mythtv-users] How to tell if HD PVR is still working?

Paul Stillwell bigboi at wackywombats.com
Tue Jan 17 00:12:17 UTC 2017

> On Jan 16, 2017, at 3:57 PM, glenb at glenb.us wrote:

I can’t even get a /dev/video0. :(

Something I just noticed is that when I plug the USB cable for the HD PVR in to my linux machine I get the following output from demise:

[ 2238.817081] usb 8-2: new full-speed USB device number 5 using uhci_hcd
[ 2239.225098] usb 8-2: device not accepting address 5, error -71
[ 2239.225116] usb usb8-port2: unable to enumerate USB device

That seems to indicate that the device is having a problem, but I’m not an expert in this area.

When I mod probe hdpvr I get this in dmesg:

[   65.563736] media: Linux media interface: v0.10
[   65.574350] Linux video capture interface: v2.00
[   65.579441] usbcore: registered new interface driver hdpvr

I don’t see anything about the hdpvr or firmware info.

Paul