[mythtv-users] How to tell if HD PVR is still working?

glenb at glenb.us glenb at glenb.us
Mon Jan 16 23:57:06 UTC 2017

From: Paul Stillwell
Sent: Monday, January 16, 2017 3:52 PM
To: Discussion about MythTV
Subject: [mythtv-users] How to tell if HD PVR is still working?

Hi,

My OS hard drive failed so I put a new drive in an installed fedora on it. After I installed mythtv (which was working perfectly prior to the OS disk failing) and restored from my backup db files I noticed that the HD PVR doesn’t seem to be working. I don’t get a /dev/video0 and I noticed that it isn’t showing up in the lsusb output (which I think it should).

Is there any way to tell if it has stopped working? The power is on, I have tried multiple USB ports and it still doesn’t show up. It is many years old, so it could have died but it’s hard to tell.

Thanks for any help!

Paul

You might try something like: dmesg | grep hdpvr

The output will tell you if the driver loaded at boot, if it is there you will see something about hdpvr and firmware date.

Then do at cat /dev/video0 > test.ps and see if you get a file recording (use whatever device is shown by dmesg if not video0). Use Ctrl C to stop the test. There may be other ways also. But if those work and you get a file look to setup in myth