[mythtv-users] Mythbuntu / Myth 0.28 - Screen goes off/blank after 1 hour during video playback

Kingsley Turner krt at krt.com.au
Mon Jan 16 20:37:09 UTC 2017

G'day,

We're having an issue with Mythtv.   After watching continually for around 1
hour (probably exactly one hour) the TV is going to sleep-mode.  The
screensaver is not coming on, the TV just goes straight to sleep.  If I push
a key on the keyboard, it comes back, the movie is still playing.

The timeout on the screensaver is set to about 5 minutes, this randomly
shows family photos from the albums, and is one of the best features of this
setup.  So I'm pretty sure it's not the regular screensaver starting at all.

Any ideas about what may be causing this ?

thanks,

-kt