[mythtv-users] de-interlacing quality and a new frontend

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Sat Jan 14 20:10:42 UTC 2017

On 13/01/17 02:15 AM, Swanseasurfing wrote:
> Very interestin - I'm looking for a new frontend too. Is it difficult to
> set up and configure the ION drivers?

I set up an early Zotac Ion a long time ago and it was no more difficult
than any other nvidia driver install. Just choose the correct nvidia
driver for the chipset, and carry on.

I can attest to the fact that the Zotac Ion is a nice unit. I played
with mythtv on it in September 2009. It was a great little front end.
Then I loaded Centos and Asterisk. Only problem was that Centos did not
have the then recent ethernet driver for the board. Loaded that and all
was fine.

That motherboard is STILL RUNNING 24/7 as my VOIP server seven 7 years
later. I have only had to replace a small (40mm) fan, once. Longest
uptime, about 320 days... foiled by a thunderstorm and a dead UPS
battery. Presently 230 days and counting.

So yes I am impressed with the Ion chipset. and with Zotac's implementation.

Geoff