[mythtv-users] Random recordings...

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Jan 10 13:43:56 UTC 2017

On 01/09/2017 06:25 PM, Richard Shaw wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 9, 2017 at 3:54 PM, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On 01/09/2017 04:32 PM, Richard Shaw wrote:
>>
>>> Here'd the database output:
>>>
>>> MariaDB [mythconverg]> Select * from record where recordid = 740\G
>>> *************************** 1. row ***************************
>>>       recordid: 740
>>>           type: 4

>>>          title: Say Yes to the Dress: Atlanta
>>>

>> When the recording rule and the results don't seem to match, the culprit
>> is almost always running EIT on a channel that's populated by XMLTV or
>> Schedules Direct.  The EIT data steps all over the good data and Bad Things
>> Happen.
>
> I've never intentionally turned on EIT and I've been running myth for at
> least 7 years and looking at the backend web service I see EIT is disabled
> for both my ATSC and Comcast sources.

The only other time I've seen it (assuming that the rule and the show
really don't match, rather than just missing why it matches) is when
your system doesn't run a reschedule after the listings are populated.
This should only be possible if something is crashing/killing
mythfilldatabase after some/all of the data is inserted, but before it
does its "close out" work (including requesting the reschedule) or if
something else (network issues?) is preventing mythfilldatabase from
communicating with the backend when it tries to send the reschedule.

Check your mythfilldatabase logs.

Mike