[mythtv-users] stuttering on playback of files being recorded

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Sun Jan 8 17:41:53 UTC 2017

On 08/01/17 16:23, Jack McGee wrote:
> Frontend playbacks recorded shows fine.
>
> It stutters when playing back shows that are being recorded.  If I run
> KODI with mythtv plugin on frontend machine, it plays the show being
> recorded fine.
>

> This on Ubuntu .28 machine:

I believe that live playback often stutters when the display is too
close to 'live'; a few-second pause will usually clear the stutter.

Are you trying too hard to get the immediate experience when playing
back your recording?   Your log might show if this is happening, but I
don't know how it would show up.

Does a brief pause of playback smooth it?

John P