[mythtv-users] de-interlacing quality and a new frontend

Phil Wild phil at holobyte.com.au
Fri Jan 6 07:33:34 UTC 2017

Hi mythtv users

My current nvidia ION (ASROCK) frontend is starting to play up and I'm
thinking it may be time for an upgrade.

Output is 1920x1080p. I'm in Australia and no OTA signal exceeds this
resolution (interlaced). Most of it is less.

I tried a VAAPI frontend a while ago and did not like the quality of the
deinterlacing (ECS Liva).

What is the best choice today for a small and quiet frontend with high
quality output?

Live TV is very important in my family, unfortunately (if this makes a
difference).

Cheers

Phil