[mythtv-users] New theme: Monochrome

Paul Harrison mythtv at sky.com
Thu Jan 5 10:54:28 UTC 2017

On 05/01/17 10:21, Stuart Auchterlonie wrote:
> On 04/01/17 19:27, jaham at gmx.net wrote:
>>
>> Ok, I have done that now. There is a fixes/0.27 and a fixes/0.28 branch which
>> you can pull from. It would be great if you can add the theme to the theme
>> chooser.
>> How does the theme chooser know there is a new version available. Does it
>> periodically pull from the repo and checks the version number in
>> themeinfo.xml?
>
> The theme chooser pulls some data from our services site with all the
> metadata about the themes and their download location.
>
> On the mythtv project server, there is a job which polls the relevant
> repos daily and packages up the themes and makes them available for
> download.
>

> Regards
> Stuart

So if you commit some changes to one of your branches that version of
your theme would get repackaged with the updates. If you didn't bump the
version in themeinfo.xml then only new users of your theme would get the
updates because they would download the new packaged version. So if you
want existing users to be prompted there is a new version available as
well you have to bump the version in themeinfo.xml. At least that is the
way I believe it works.

It's entirely up to you how you manage the version but it's best not to
keep bumping it for every minor change but to do one bump at the end.

IIRC the script to update the themes runs twice a day at 4pm and 4am GMT.

Paul H.