[mythtv-users] Ceton InfiniTV 6 ETH Cooling Fan?

Stephen Baker stephen at wildwood.baker.org
Mon Jan 2 23:15:37 UTC 2017

On Mon, 2017-01-02 at 14:36 -0600, Craig Huff wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 2, 2017 at 1:55 PM, Craig Huff <huffcslists at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Others who use this have mentioned cooling it with a fan.  I would
> > like to know how you're doing it.  Are you somehow pulling +5V from
> > it to power a standard computer chassis fan? What about adapting a
> > switched digital video control cable to draw power from the port on
> > the back to feed a chassis fan?
> >
> > --
> > Craig.
> >

> Update: I've tried mini-USB and micro-USB cables I had available and
> found neither one would fit in the tuning adapter mini-USB port on
> the back of my unit.  Is this a non-standard (maybe female/male
> reversed?) connector?  Has anyone ever had something that plugged in
> there?
>
> --
> Craig.

The TA cable is a special purpose cable with what appears to be an A
connector on both ends.  There in no telling what magic Ceton put into
their cable.  My ETH6 shipped without the TA cable.  A short email
exchange with customer service and they shipped me the missing
cable.  I was satisfied with the customer service.

I have been running my ETH6 for a couple years now.  There have been no
cooling problem.  I regularly use 3 channels simultaneously.  And,
there are times that all 6 are running.  I have the unit mounted
vertically, which I'm sure helps with convection cooling.  I haven't
look at the temperature readings in over a year.

Steve