[mythtv-users] DVB technical issues about scan

Mark Perkins perkins1724 at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 2 01:43:17 UTC 2017

On 1 January 2017 10:41:37 PM Simon Hobson <linux at thehobsons.co.uk> wrote:

> James Linder <jam at tigger.ws> wrote:
>
>> Long Answer:
>> I’m in perth - flat ground for 50 km, minor escapement then more flat ground.
>> In Aus all stations use the same frequency for every site.

That is not correct. Often (but by no means always) the transmitters use
different frequencies.

Using Perth channel Seven as example:
Perth(transmitter) = 655.5Mhz
Bedfordale = 627.5Mhz
Bickley = 177.5Mhz
Scarborough = 655.5Mhz (same as Perth transmitter).
Two Rocks = 543.5Mhz.

For Australia check ozdigitaltv.com for some details like locations,
frequencies, polarisation and transmitter power to help work out which
transmitter might be best for your location.

Bickley seems to be the main transmitter for Perth at 50kW omni. Perth
(transmitter site) is 1.25kw directional and Scarborough is 100W
directional so I would guess they are infill transmitters for dead spots in
the main transmitters coverage.