[mythtv-users] ERROR: LocalFilePath unable to find local path for ...

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Mon Feb 27 22:50:08 UTC 2017

So, I have a strange problem here with 0.28-fixes.  I have this
recorded (table) entry:

$ echo "select title,subtitle,basename from recorded where title = \"Arrow\" order by starttime;" | mysql -h pvr -u mythtv -p[redacted] mythconverg
title	subtitle	basename
Arrow	Invasion!	Arrow: S05E08 - Invasion! (3).mkv

Yes, the basename really is "Arrow: S05E08 - Invasion! (3).mkv"[1] and
the file does exist:

-rw-rw-r-- 2 mythtv mythtv 1.1G Dec  7 08:03 Arrow: S05E08 - Invasion! (3).mkv

This all seems to work fine for some clients including the official
Myth FE client and Daniel's Android client.  Kodi 16/17 (myth.pvr
addon) clients (which use mythcpp) however have some strange issue
where the "ANN FileTransfer" is getting a "filetransfer_filename_empty"
response and the BE log reports:

ERROR: LocalFilePath unable to find local path for 'arrow: S05E08 - Invasion! (3).mkv'

Notice that the name in the error message has the first letter lower-
cased and indeed, if I rename (or create a hardlink) to the name as it
is in the error message, the Kodi 17 (cppmyth) clients work.

For a client that works the protocol exchange looks like this:

> 30      MYTH_PROTO_VERSION 88 XmasGift
< 13      ACCEPT[]:[]88
> 85      ANN FileTransfer localhost 0 0 1000[]:[]Arrow: S05E08 - Invasion! (3).mkv[]:[]Default
> 25      OK[]:[]102[]:[]1074011455
> [file contents]

For a client that doesn't the protocol exchange looks like this:

> 30      MYTH_PROTO_VERSION 88 XmasGift
< 13      ACCEPT[]:[]88
> 85      ANN FileTransfer localhost 0 0 1000[]:[]Arrow: S05E08 - Invasion! (3).mkv[]:[]Default
< 37      ERROR[]:[]filetransfer_filename_empty

I don't see any difference.  It does seem to be asking for the correct
file so I can't see why the BE is not finding it and is reporting an
error with the file it was looking for with it's first letter lower-
cased.

Any ideas?

Cheers,
b.

[1] Just because I know people will want to know how/why, post-
recording, I have a job which transcodes my recordings to .mkv and
renames them something more meaningful than the default format.