[mythtv-users] mythbackend lockup/crash

Tom Bishop bishoptf at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 01:27:36 UTC 2017

On Sun, Feb 26, 2017 at 5:01 PM, Martin Gallant <martyg at goodbit.net> wrote:

> Before you start pulling you hair out over the software, suggest you
> inspect your machines for plugged up fans and heatsinks.
>
> What you describe could be consistent with a thermal/overheating issue,
> especially if the system has been stable a long time.
>
> snip

I should have included more information but my backend is a KVM vm, the
linux host is fuly operational when mythbackend stops responding, thats the
best way to describe it.  Mythweb doesn't work and anything that tries to
connect to the backend times out.  The process is still running but it just
stops responding to anything.

I created a cron script to check on connectivity to the backend every
minute and restart it if it finds it not responding.  I will probably also
create a cron to nightly restart mythbackend and that really will prolly
due it but never have had to do that in the past.

For the most part it just works but something hangs it in an odd way.