[mythtv-users] mythbackend lockup/crash

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Sun Feb 26 22:54:32 UTC 2017

On 02/26/2017 04:22 PM, Mark Perkins wrote:
> I can only suggest the usual suspects. Check top and iotop (I take it the rest of the system is still ok). Memory usage. df -h. I don't know what logs Kodi has but check them. Are you on current fixes, if not run updates. Do the tuners have a Web frontend and is it accessible during the hang?

Kodi uses the Services API (among other things) to access the backend.
I'd try this during a failure:

     curl --header "Accept: application/json" mc0:6544/Myth/GetHostName

and expect the following: {"String": "mc0"}, where mc0=your backend hostname
or IP.

ps -LFU mythtv should show about 30 light weight process (NLWP column) on
the backend. At least mine does with one frontend connected.
--
Bill