[mythtv-users] Issues with tmbd3 matching - looking for input

Michael mythtv at blandford.net
Sat Feb 25 16:56:55 UTC 2017

On 02/25/2017 03:28 AM, Angela wrote:

> Now I remember this behavior when I tested the 0.28 beta. Because of
> several reasons I run my own parsing and metadata retrieval, sorry
> giving you a false hint.
>
> The culprit is in
>
> https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/blame/master/mythtv/libs/libmythmetadata/videometadata.cpp#L1165
>
> it eats everything between braces.
>
> If you set the year without braces in the filename, tmdb3.py would not
> understand it as a year.
>
> Adapt tmdb3.py with the commit made by chrisaljoudi. The regex used
> for the year supports the year with and without braces.
>
> From https://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/12585 comment#1
> <https://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/12585%20comment#1>
>
> https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/pull/103/commits/f6d9ade62090d9cda84d2dc6172dc6f5d1400498

Thanks Angela,

I have applied the patch to tmdb3.  If called with the date in (), it is
obviously stripped by videometadata.cpp.  Changing the name to have the
date at the end without () does indeed give the expected results.

My preference would be of course to keep the date within () so it would
work equally well for plex and mythtv.  Are you aware of any work to
use/retain any of the data within () in videometadata?

Michael