[mythtv-users] Using mythbuntu with VLC

Leo Butler leo.butler at member.ams.org
Thu Feb 23 22:06:43 UTC 2017

Yes, you can use VLC, but you need to have those videos accessible to
VLC. The easiest way (?) is to network mount the relevant directories on
your frontend and have a script munge the myth://hostname/path/to/video
uri into a file://local/path/to/video uri that vlc can use as in the
wiki page you refer to.

Leo