[mythtv-users] Issues with tmbd3 matching - looking for input

Justin Moore justin.nonwork at gmail.com
Thu Feb 16 02:09:34 UTC 2017

> I was under the impression the format for movies was  A Movie Title
> [year].ext which seems to work pretty well for me.
>

> Thanks for the response Anthony,
>
> I just tried it with [ ] brackets around the date and had the same
> result.  Myth seems to be removing the date when calling the grabber
> script, then multiple results come back and I have to resolve them manually.

I've seen the same behavior as Michael. I did notice that if the path did
not have a file extension (e.g., it was a directory containing a BluRay
disc structure) adding the year worked, but if there was a file extension
it didn't work. E.g.,

Videos/Harry.Potter.Deathly.Hallows.Pt.1.2010/

would strip the 2010 and perform a correct lookup, but

Videos/Spotlight.2015.m2ts

would lead to the same behavior that Michael saw. I tried to dig around the
find the regexp and what exactly it was doing, but ran out of time before I
could fully trace the behavior from scanvideos ~> regexp ~> capture groups
~> external command line parameters.

-justin