[mythtv-users] comment on lugins

James Linder jam at tigger.ws
Tue Feb 14 14:05:47 UTC 2017

  Hi
For many years I've used a myth system to record and watch tv. That
works well and I'm happy.

When I needed an entertainment center for saturation divers who spend
upto 28 days closed in the chamber or 17 odd hours decompressing from
300 m (sic) with all the hastles of gas mixture changes etc to stay
alive I immediately thought of mythtv.

I'm posting this, as an invite for comments or to be straightened out
where I'm misguided.
For my testing I setup a mythbuntu 14.04 system with netvision.

First I tried mythmusic. Compared to amarock or clementine this is
terrible and scarsely usable. There is no obvious way to select a song
(welcome to the long list). Scanning is a pain. How can myth create such
crap? Wow, blown away.

Next I tried netvision. On par with mythmusic. First pass at browse
internet videos I selected TED and YouTube.
I no longer have the selection I just have TED/YouTube

I can browse YouTube but when I try to play something I get 'unknown error'
Using the Chrome browser on it's own everything works normally.

Why am I having such a torrid time, yet the tools seem well accepted and
people are happy with them?

Thanks
James