[mythtv-users] Single Channel Failure with InfiniTV 6 ETH

Peter Bennett cats22 at comcast.net
Tue Feb 14 00:18:02 UTC 2017

On 02/13/2017 03:36 PM, Craig Huff wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 13, 2017 at 2:30 PM, Gary Buhrmaster
> <gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com <mailto:gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com>> wrote:
>

>     On Feb 13, 2017 12:18 PM, "Craig Huff" <huffcslists at gmail.com
>     <mailto:huffcslists at gmail.com>> wrote:
>

>         P.P.S While waiting for any feedback, I was probing on the web
>         interface for the InfiniTV and found that another channel that
>         works had a Copy Protection setting of 00 "Copy Free", but the
>         problem child is reporting 0x02 "One Copy". I'm guessing
>         that's the problem.  Since this channel is Movieplex, I could
>         see that this may be intentional, but none of the other
>         (non-premium, since I don't get any of those) movie channels
>         appear to be set this way. Should I (politely) inquire of
>         Comcast if this is an oversight which they might kindly correct.
>

>     Comcast has explicitly chosen (at least in most markets) to
>     require a protected content path for Movieplex.  Open source
>     solutions do not work.

> Ah. So, plan B from my last post -- "Abandon all hope...".  Thanks for
> the feedback.  I'll go take that out of my channel lineup.
>
> --
> Craig.

Actually - I have Comcast. I just checked Movieplex, which is channel
263 here. I just tuned it on MYthTV. I get it just fine.
Checking the ceton - Copy Control Information: "Copy Free" (00)

I have the problem that I cannot get Freeform (formerly ABC Family)
channel -  ceton shows
Copy Control Information: "One Copy" (0x02)

I have been in negotiations with Comcast over Freeform channel for about
a month now. The place to go, where I have had it resolved before, is
the Comcast forums. The customer service phone line people have no clue
when it comes to this.

Comcast forums
http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Non-X1-Service/bd-p/CTV_Equip

Log in with your Comcast email id and password and post a message.
Eventually one of the Comcast employees may respond.

However if the policy is to protect Movieplex, then maybe it will not
help. I suppose the fact that I have it unprotected may be a mistake.

Peter