[mythtv-users] HVR-950q analog/NTSC capture has no sound

Hika van den Hoven hikavdh at gmail.com
Thu Feb 9 20:00:11 UTC 2017

Hoi Doug,

> If I recall correctly, as long as you still have the kernel source
> directory unchanged from your previous compile, all you need to do
> is change the config options and rerun make.  It'll build the new
> module and then just make install.

> It's been a few years since I've compiled a kernel though.

> Doug

Yes on Gentoo goto /usr/src
There there your current kernel is sim-linked to linux.
If not run `eselect kernel list` and next `eselect kernel set <n>` to
set the one of choice active.
Goto that directory and run `make menuconfig` and adapt the setting.
Next run `make && make modules_install`
Copy /usr/src/linux/arch/x86/boot/bzImage with a name of your choice
to /boot
Run you bootloader: lilo or grub to activate the new kernel.
You can leave the old kernel as a fall-back kernel in case the new one
won't boot.

Tot mails,
  Hika                            mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com

"Zonder hoop kun je niet leven