[mythtv-users] Problem with ttvdb.py

Michael Wisniewski mikewiz38 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 22:19:52 UTC 2017

I'm missing some information about TV Season and Episode numbers in Myth
and decided to do a bit of research into why.  It looks like you would
run...

$ mythmetadatalookup --refresh-all

In order to fill in this information.  But there are still some recordings
that do not fill the information in, but yet it exists in tvdb.  When
exploring this a bit further, I get a lot of output from the command, but
this one little snip is of interest.  It looks like it executes this:

2017-02-08 16:12:27.926741 I  Running Grabber:
/usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Television/ttvdb.py -l en -a US -N 272472 Pups
Save a Blimp; Pups Save a Chili Cook-Out
2017-02-08 16:12:28.325963 I  Running Grabber:
/usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Television/ttvdb.py -l en -a US -C 272472
2017-02-08 16:12:28.576924 I  Result Found, Season 0 Episode 0
2017-02-08 16:12:28.576983 I  Returning Metadata Results: PAW Patrol 0 0

If I look the information up in tvdb, it is definitely in there as "Paw
Patrol" S04xE01 and S04xE02, but mythmetadatalookup says it returns 0.

So then, I try to execute the ttvdb command...

$ /usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Television/ttvdb.py -r -i -N 272472 "Pups Save
a Blimp"

And the information it returns back is 'returned zero results'.  I thought
it was a bit strange, so I substitute the series id (272472) with the
series name, and I am starting to get some information back.  For example...

/usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Television/ttvdb.py -r -i -N "Paw Patrol" "Pups
Save a Blimp"

This will then return information about the particular episode.

Now "Paw Patrol" may be a bad example because the half hour(?) show has two
episodes in it, so the recording will place a semi-colon to separate the
two.  But, this is happening on more episodes than just this one.

I think what the problem is that ttvdb searches on the tvdb series ID
instead of the name.  I was wondering if anybody was having a similar
experience or if this is a known issue...or something that I'm doing wrong.

Thanks!