[mythtv-users] Artifacts using nvidia 375.26?

Tom Dexter digitalaudiorock at gmail.com
Tue Feb 7 01:17:00 UTC 2017

On Wed, Feb 1, 2017 at 10:08 PM, Tom Dexter <digitalaudiorock at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 1, 2017 at 7:43 AM, Tom Dexter <digitalaudiorock at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> It suddenly occurred to me that I'd just recently updated to
>> x11-drivers/nvidia-drivers-375.26 from 361.28. Sure enough, reverting
>> to 361.28 appears to have fixed it completely.
>
> Just an update on this. It appears I was mistaken. After using this
> with the older driver I'm having the same issues. Also, I can't
> reproduce this on the TV with a stand-alone HD tuner I have, which
> leads me to believe the nvidia card itself may be going.
>
> Tom

Just an update for anyone who runs into this thread later: My TV was
tricking me here in that I never encountered the issues when I
switched over to a standalone HD tuner I had. This lead me to believe
it wasn't the TV. However I *finally* saw these same symptoms using
that tuner indicating that the TV itself was/is going.

Oddly enough, that got worse over several days and suddenly started
working perfectly, and has stayed that way for 4 days now. I don't
have high hopes that reprieve will last though...I've been TV
shopping.

Tom