[mythtv-users] Support via email group versus forum??

airdrummer air_drummer at verizon.net
Mon Feb 6 15:01:09 UTC 2017

welcome 2 the 21st century's religious war;-}

Simon Hobson wrote:
> To the extent that when I bottom post in reply to emails at work,
> I get told off for not doing it properly as only top posting is considered
 > "correct" in business. Out of stubbornness, I insist on bottom posting,
 > trimming the dozen copies of peoples' signatures, etc :-)

i have been told by a businessman and a writer for whom i've done website
maintenance that my practice of trimming & inlining is "enraging"!-\

apparently  microserfs use the latest msg in a thread as the entire repository
of the thread, finding it 2 difficult to follow if they have to refer to prior
msgs, obviously due to ouchlook's shortcomings. i have a friend, a tech editor
(who suffers wurd's total unsuitability for the task of multi-contributor
multi-chapter projects) didn't even know she could sort emails by title/from...

if ur only tool is a hammer...;-}