[mythtv-users] Older recordings not visible in mythfrontend

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Mon Feb 6 11:12:46 UTC 2017

On Mon, 6 Feb 2017 21:35:42 +1100, you wrote:

>On 6 February 2017 at 20:08, Stephen Worthington <stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz>
>wrote:
>

>> Thank you, that looks like it is my problem.  I can see 891 recordings
>> with deletepending set for some reason.  They are certainly not
>> recordings I want deleted!  Without doing complete checks on all 891
>> recordings I do not know for sure, but so far it looks like those 891
>> recordings are the 891 oldest recordings in my database.  I have no
>> idea how they came to be marked as deletepending.
>>
>> I think I will just remove the deletepending flags (with mythbackend
>> shut down) and all the recordings should show up again.
>

>That may end up ensuring that they get deleted! Not what you want!
>
>Check which rescgroup they are in, and ask for full advice here. My
>suspicion is that you want to change the recgroup to something other than
>'Deleted'

There are 48 recordings with deletepending that have recgroup other
than Default.  Of those, there are quite a few that are LiveTV or
Deleted.  I want all of those to actually be deleted, so it looks like
I will need to keep a list of them and manually delete them all again.
I think the first thing to try is to leave them with their current
LiveTV or Deleted recgroup setting and see if I can see them in those
recgroups once the deletepending flag is cleared.  If so, I can then
use playlists to delete them en masse.  The remaining recordings are
ones I want to keep and have miscellaneous other recgroups like
Favourites.  So it looks like just removing the deletepending flags
will do exactly what I want, without any risk of the wrong things
getting deleted.