[mythtv-users] Older recordings not visible in mythfrontend

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Mon Feb 6 09:08:19 UTC 2017

On Sun, 5 Feb 2017 22:17:24 -0800, you wrote:

>On Sun, Feb 5, 2017 at 10:00 PM, Stephen Worthington <
>stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz> wrote:
>
>> In mythfrontend, I can currently see 18985 recordings listed.  But
>> querying the database give this:
>>
>> MariaDB [mythconverg]> select count(*) from recorded;
>> +----------+
>> | count(*) |
>> +----------+
>> |    19876 |
>> +----------+
>> 1 row in set (0.00 sec)
>>
>> and on checking some of the oldest recordings in the database, they
>> are there and can be played using mythavtest on the recording file,
>> but they do not show up in mythfrontend's recordings screen.  These
>> older recordings do show up in mythexport's On-The-Go export web page,
>> and I can export them to another MythTV system, such as my laptop.  As
>> an example, I have 16 recordings of the series "Cold Case", recorded
>> in 2010, and have exported four of them to my laptop successfully.
>> Having watched two of them on my laptop while on holiday, I now need
>> to delete them from my main MythTV box, but since they are not
>> displayed in mythfrontend, I can not do that.
>>
>> So I am wondering if mythfrontend has a hard coded limit somewhere, or
>> maybe a setting, that sets a maximum number of recordings that it can
>> display, and if there are more than that number, it only displays the
>> latest ones.  If so, where can I find it so I can increase it?
>>
>> This sounds similar to something that was discussed last week or so. If I
>recall correctly, if the deletepending column is 1 it can cause those
>symptoms.
>
>Karl

Thank you, that looks like it is my problem.  I can see 891 recordings
with deletepending set for some reason.  They are certainly not
recordings I want deleted!  Without doing complete checks on all 891
recordings I do not know for sure, but so far it looks like those 891
recordings are the 891 oldest recordings in my database.  I have no
idea how they came to be marked as deletepending.

I think I will just remove the deletepending flags (with mythbackend
shut down) and all the recordings should show up again.