[mythtv-users] Support via email group versus forum??

Simon Hobson linux at thehobsons.co.uk
Mon Feb 6 08:11:06 UTC 2017

Saul <jaglover at gmail.com> wrote:

> FYI OE put the cursor on top of the quoted text when reply button was
> hit. All new users started writing right there, top posting was born.
> Forget about cutting out irrelevant parts and replying to multi-quotes.

To the extent that when I bottom post in reply to emails at work, I get told off for not doing it properly as only top posting is considered "correct" in business. Out of stubbornness, I insist on bottom posting, trimming the dozen copies of peoples' signatures, etc :-)

That top posting is inherently silly is demonstrated when people reply, top post "replies inline" or something similar, and then go on to bottom post in reply to specific points - often using colour to highlight the quote. People never seem to have an answer when I point that out ;-)
Oh yes, and that polished t**d called Outlook doesn't even handle quotes properly.