[mythtv-users] Older recordings not visible in mythfrontend

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Mon Feb 6 06:00:26 UTC 2017

In mythfrontend, I can currently see 18985 recordings listed.  But
querying the database give this:

MariaDB [mythconverg]> select count(*) from recorded;
+----------+
| count(*) |
+----------+
|    19876 |
+----------+
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

and on checking some of the oldest recordings in the database, they
are there and can be played using mythavtest on the recording file,
but they do not show up in mythfrontend's recordings screen.  These
older recordings do show up in mythexport's On-The-Go export web page,
and I can export them to another MythTV system, such as my laptop.  As
an example, I have 16 recordings of the series "Cold Case", recorded
in 2010, and have exported four of them to my laptop successfully.
Having watched two of them on my laptop while on holiday, I now need
to delete them from my main MythTV box, but since they are not
displayed in mythfrontend, I can not do that.

So I am wondering if mythfrontend has a hard coded limit somewhere, or
maybe a setting, that sets a maximum number of recordings that it can
display, and if there are more than that number, it only displays the
latest ones.  If so, where can I find it so I can increase it?