[mythtv-users] Support via email group versus forum??

Paul Harrison mythtv at sky.com
Sun Feb 5 15:21:45 UTC 2017

On 05/02/17 11:08, Jim Abernathy wrote:
> I have used both this email list and the mythtv forum for help with my
> Mythtv questions.  Why is one used versus another?  I find the nature of
> email and email clients to make a lot of the thread here almost
> unfollowable.  The forum controls the threads much better.
>
> I also know that I can't get some questions answered in the forum.
> That's why I found the email list.
>
> Can someone explain this to me??
>
> Jim A

The email list has a bit of a reputation for being a quite hostile place
especially for new users which is why the forum was setup to be a more
friendly place for users to hang out.

Most developers don't even subscribe to the users list because it used
to be a high volume list with a large signal to noise ration and also in
part because of the hostile reception they got. Things have quietened
down the last few years though.

I quite like the forum it's always a pleasure to help users on there
since they really seem more appreciative of the help and effort they get
from both other users and developers.

Paul H.