[mythtv-users] Asus 90MB0QY1-M0EAY0 Tinker Board

Matt Mossholder matt at mossholder.com
Thu Feb 2 23:52:51 UTC 2017

On Thu, Feb 2, 2017 at 4:43 PM Anthony Giggins <seven at seven.dorksville.net>
wrote:

> On 3 February 2017 at 04:06, Gary Buhrmaster <gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> On Thu, Feb 2, 2017 at 5:00 PM, Matt Mossholder <matt at mossholder.com>
> wrote:
> > While it might work, I'd be much happier with it if it had a 64-bit
> > processor.
>
> As I recall, I think you can consider a ODROID-C2
> if you absolutely require a 64-bit processor, but
> I am not exactly sure what aarch64 would gain
> you for running a MythTV FE (and I have no
> idea how well the various OMX drivers work on
> any of those platforms).
>

> Given its only got 2GB Ram, 64bit is hardly required, but yes I agree it
> would be nice.
>
> Anthony

It isn't just about RAM. 64bit instructions can, under the right
circumstances be more efficient.

My bigger concern, though, is that most of the larger platforms are
dropping 32bit support, and that makes me concerned that 32bit platforms
are turning into the processor equivalent of the red-headed step child.

     --Matt
--
     --Matt