[mythtv-users] HVR-2200 as a PVR-500 replacement?

Rajil Saraswat rajil.s at gmail.com
Thu Dec 28 01:22:47 UTC 2017

> I've run one of these for ages and have a patch for the svideo input in
> PAL format. I'm running on a 3.16 kernel currently but it should apply to
> later ones as the patchfile is actually from a 3.12 kernel!!
>
> I've attached it for your interest.
>

> --
> Robin Gilks

I have got hold of this card and tried to patch it against 4.12 kernel
which failed. Unfortunately, neither 3.12 or 3.16 are in portage. Is
there a patch available for a newer kernel?

Without the patch i am getting the following.

# v4l2-ctl --list-devices
Hauppauge WinTV-HVR2200 (PCI:0000:02:00.0):
        /dev/video0
        /dev/video1
        /dev/vbi0
        /dev/vbi1

I am guessing that video0 and video1 are the analog devices for the
two encoders.

Thanks