[mythtv-users] In Live TV hide Call Sign

Paul Harrison mythtv at sky.com
Wed Dec 27 19:10:13 UTC 2017

> On Sun, 24 Dec 2017 20:08:04 -0600, you wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> When watching LiveTV, the UP and DOWN key press show the channel number,
>> icon and call sign. Is it possible to hide the call sign?
>>
>> I tried to modify in Setup>Video>General (Basic) to
>>
>> Channel ordering: channel number
>>
>> Channel format: number
>>
>> Long channel format: number
>>
>> but it did not help.
>>
>> Thanks
> Maybe the display of the channel number is controlled by the theme? If
> so, you could delete the bit of the theme that displays the channel
> number.

Try again sent this reply to Stephen rather than the list the first
time. This is now fixed in the official repo for the MythCenter-wide theme.

Yeah it depends on the theme if it is shown.

If it's the MythCenter-wide theme you are using I do have a patch in my
fork that will show either the channel icon if it is available or the
call sign but not both at the same time. I'll  commit to the official
repos shortly.

Paul H.