[mythtv-users] Need IR blaster help for HD-PVR

Greg gregl at nycap.rr.com
Mon Dec 25 02:28:23 UTC 2017

On 12/24/2017 01:29 PM, Don Brett wrote:
> On 12/23/2017 9:10 AM, Don Brett wrote:
>> I have a new build of 16.04.3; mostly went well.  The remote control
>> and blaster uses the Window Media Center Transceivers (mce).   I
>> selected the remote control options during installation and the
>> remote works great.
>>
>> I went to  MythBuntu Control Centre and enabled the IR transmitter
>> with "USB-UIRT2 Motorola Cable box".  The remote stopped working and
>> I couldn't  exit Mythfrontend without killing it through a terminal
>> (killall mythfrontend / killall mythfrontend.real). Disabling the IR
>> transmitter put it back to working,  but without a blaster.
>>
>> Any suggestions on what to try for the blaster?
>> ---

> I tried using MyBlaster instead of Lirc, but the script throws an
> error when configuring USB.  From searching, it used to work, but
> broke on an upgrade (not sure which).  Now, it fails on this line:
>
> $termios->getattr($serial->fileno()) || die "getattr: $!\n";
>
> , error message is:
> getattr: Inappropriate ioctl for device
>
> I'm not a Perl programmer; any suggestions on how to fix?
>
> Don
>
> PS: MyBlaster script is here:
> https://sourceforge.net/projects/myblaster/files/MyBlaster.1.4.1/MyBlaster1.4.1.zip/

Is this the same PC,or is it a new one? I have a serial version of
MyBlaster, and it works fine.. You did edit the script and changed the
port and entered the the equipment ID ?
One other thing that could cause that not to work, would be if you have
it plugged into a USB3 port, seeing these are quite old  the blaster's
may not work with USB3... I love my MyBlaster it takes less that 5
minutes to setup..
   I wish I could find a few to keep as spares.. I check Ebay a few
times a month,to see if any are posted...