[mythtv-users] mythtv under Gentoo Linux

Rajil Saraswat rajil.s at gmail.com
Sun Dec 24 23:24:17 UTC 2017

On 12/24/2017 01:46 PM, Paul B. Henson wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 23, 2017 at 08:06:10AM -0600, Rajil Saraswat wrote:
>
> PCI pass through for kvm type virtualization doesn't necessarily play
> well with timing sensitive devices like tuners. Containers would
> probably be ok, but I'm not familiar with the details of passing such a
> device to a container. Looks like you just bind mount the devices from
> the host filesystem to the container filesystem?

I have tried sharing a webcam with an lxd instance and that worked fine.
I guess PCI devices are like that as well.

Unfortunately, lxd is not as good as jails in FreeBSD. On my FreeBSD i
have a single OS base image which is then shared against multiple jails
(containers). In lxd each container needs its own OS image, so the
storage requirement explodes for multiple containers. If there is a way
to share an base OS image amongst multiple containers in LXD I will be
interested to know.