[mythtv-users] mythtv under Gentoo Linux

James Miller gajs-f0el at dea.spamcon.org
Thu Dec 21 03:09:25 UTC 2017

On Wed, 20 Dec 2017, Paul B. Henson wrote:

> I was curious how many other people are running Gentoo? Sadly it looks
> like there is no current mythtv mainainer for Gentoo :(, there's a
> mostly workable ebuild for 0.28.1, still marked unstable but at least no
> longer hard masked, but nothing yet for 29.0.

There are a few on here that run Gentoo, of which I am one (my technical
acumen is barely adequate to the task of administering this FE/BE system).
I have some of the same questions as you. There's a thread on the Gentoo
forums discussing the stability of .28 and in which contributors are
asserting that 29 is now current. There is also discussion there about the
fact that MythTV is now orphaned under Gentoo, and solicitation for a
proxy maintainer. That's way above my pay grade so, although I'd like to
see a 29 ebuild, I cannot contribute in any meaningful way to bringing
about that end. I'll be interested to see responses of other Gentoo users
to your query.