[mythtv-users] Capture setup help

Peter Bennett pb.mythtv at gmail.com
Wed Dec 20 15:09:44 UTC 2017

On 12/20/2017 10:00 AM, James B. Huber wrote:
> Folks,
>    I am sure someone must have done this before, it seems like it should
> be simple, but so far it is eluding me.
>
> I have been using old PVR-500 cards, work fine but wanted to get better
> than SD resolution. So, my setup that I am trying to get working looks
> like this:
>
> Cable-box -> hdmi-splitter -> FBE200
>
> The hdmi-splitter handles hdmi-cp issues, the FBE200 streams over the
> network either http, rtp, rtmp, etc.
>
> I use an IR-Blaster to set the channel on the cable-box.
>
> Setting up IPTV in Myth, have done the m3u playlist etc, but there
> doesn't appear to be anyway to configure the setup to use an external
> channel-changer script.
>
> Have also looked at live http streaming recorder setup, but same issue.
>
> Any bright ideas ?
>
> FWIW running 0.28.1-17 on CentOS 6.9
>
> Thank in Advance,
> Jim

I am not familiar with the IPTV recorder, but you could use the "Start
Recording" event to run a script to tune the channel. There is an
example in this article. It refers to the Import Recorder, but the
principle should be the same.

https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Import_recorder#Using_an_external_recording_program

Peter