[mythtv-users] recommendation for video card needed

Jim Abernathy jfabernathy at outlook.com
Mon Dec 11 13:06:31 UTC 2017

I have a Core 2 Duo system that is not doing anything right now and I
would like to make a mythtv frontend with it.  However, the Intel GFX on
that box doesn't produce good video playback with mythfrontend.  High
motion scenes mess up a lot.

I figure there has to be a Nvidia GFX card out there the is cheap and
works well with Ubuntu Linux 16.04 LTS and Mythtv.  Is there a consensus
of what to get to solve this problem? I know there are a lot of gamer
cards out there, but video playback is much simpler and less GPU intensive.

Thoughts?

Jim A