[mythtv-users] user context for mythtv-setup and location of xmltv channel conf file; : Now with image

Marius Schrecker marius.schrecker at lyse.net
Mon Dec 11 08:07:33 UTC 2017

Hi,
Sorry about noise on list. Now with a link to an image:
https://imagebin.ca/v/3kIbpgkIq5Pe

  Just curious about this as it seems to be working for manual runs of mythfilldatabase.

  Having run mythtv-setup as a normal user, I am able to set up my video source and xmltv channel list.

But the resulting channel list file is in my "normal user's" ~/.mythtv directory, not under /home/mythtv.

mythfilldatabase runs manually, when run from the logged-in user, but won't this fail as a scheduled mythtv-backend job?

Should I manually move, copy or link the channel list file from my home directory to /home/mythtv/.mythtv?

BR.

--Marius--