[mythtv-users] One file won't scan into Video library

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Sun Dec 10 17:30:10 UTC 2017

On 10/12/17 10:13, John Pilkington wrote:

>> I compressed the jpeg I use as the picture placeholder a bit to change
>> its
>> contents, re-created the AVI file from the MP3 file and it now scans
>> OK so
>> there is a duplicate bug in the video scanning code (needs more
>> entropy or
>> something!!)
>>

> Change of topic...
>
> I have lots of .mp2 files extracted from DVB-T radio, and re-converting
> them to video sounds as if it might be useful.  Google has several
> offers.  Do you have a Myth-friendly way of doing it?

I'm not sure that this is particularly Myth-friendly or in any sense
optimised but it worked for me and I'll put it here so that I can find
it :-)  The mpg output format works best with a seektable, and mp4 or
mkv might be more useful.

I started from here:

https://superuser.com/questions/1041816/combine-one-image-one-audio-file-to-make-one-video-using-ffmpeg

mythffmpeg -v "verbose" -r 1 -loop 1 -i snapshot_in.png -i music_in.mp2
-acodec copy -vcodec mpeg2video -r 1 -vf scale=720:576 -shortest
video_out.mpg

My original recording was 2h 50m, 1.39 GiB; mp2 size after cropping pre-
and post-runs 224.2 MiB; mpg size 289.5 MiB.

John