[mythtv-users] TheTVdb lookups failing since v29 upgrade

Mike Holden mikeholden99+mythtv at gmail.com
Sat Dec 9 23:57:23 UTC 2017

On 10 December 2017 at 01:58, Peter Bennett <pb.mythtv at gmail.com> wrote:

There was a change in October with some new dependencies. Perhaps you have
> an outdated version of a dependency. See article below. It has a
> Troubleshooting section.
>
> https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/TheTVDB_API_v2

Thanks Peter

I'd seen that article in the past, and read it at the time, but my
conclusion was that I was ok. Looks like that isn't the case after all:

[mike at hagrid]$ pip list|egrep "future|requests|urllib3"
future (0.16.0)
requests (2.10.0)
requests-cache (0.4.6)
urllib3 (1.15.1)

requests-cache is too early a version, but seems to be the latest version
available in fedora fc25. This is something I can look at elsewhere, the
box is due an upgrade anyway.

On fc26 however, the correct versions look to be installed:

[temp at severus ~]$ pip list|egrep "future|requests|urllib3"
future (0.16.0)
requests (2.13.0)
requests-cache (0.4.13)
urllib3 (1.20)

The link required at least the following versions:

future 0.15.2
requests 2.9.1
requests-cache 0.4.10
urllib3 1.13.1

The issue exists on this machine as well, even though the minimum versions
of those packages are installed.

After upgrading the package on fc25 using pip, I now get the following
error. Checking back, this error was the one being reported on fc26
earlier, so it was 2 different issues initially, but now the same issue on
both boxes:

[temp at severus ~]$ /usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Television/ttvdb.py -l en -a
GB -C 221630
/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/requests/packages/urllib3/connectionpool.py:852:
InsecureRequestWarning: Unverified HTTPS request is being made. Adding
certificate verification is strongly advised. See:
https://urllib3.readthedocs.io/en/latest/advanced-usage.html#ssl-warnings
  InsecureRequestWarning)
/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/requests/packages/urllib3/connectionpool.py:852:
InsecureRequestWarning: Unverified HTTPS request is being made. Adding
certificate verification is strongly advised. See:
https://urllib3.readthedocs.io/en/latest/advanced-usage.html#ssl-warnings
  InsecureRequestWarning)
! Error: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'keys'
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Television/ttvdb.py", line 2464, in
<module>
    sys.exit(main())
  File "/usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Television/ttvdb.py", line 2257, in main
    t._getShowData(series_season_ep[0], opts.language)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/MythTV/ttvdb/tvdb_api.py", line
1054, in _getShowData
    for curInfo in seriesInfoEt.keys():
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'keys'

I guess the InsecureRequestWarning can be ignored for now, but maybe some
work required there? Not sure at this stage whether that's something I need
to fix here, but will look into it

However the attribute error looks like something that needs to be looked at
in the code.