[mythtv-users] Using mythweb without internet access

Mike Hodson mystica at gmail.com
Thu Dec 7 03:19:47 UTC 2017

On Wed, Dec 6, 2017 at 6:53 PM, Doug Lytle <support at drdos.info> wrote:

> On 12/06/2017 06:46 PM, Eyal Lebedinsky wrote:
>
>> I recently noticed that when I do not have internet access mythweb does
>> not function fully.
>> I traced it to the fact that it uses ajax.googleapis.com. I do not have
>> stable internet
>> connection until the line is fixed (ADSL) so started noticing the issue.
>>

> That's funny,
>
> I *JUST* saw the same thing.  Privacy Badger is reporting a possible
> tracker and blocked it.  I thought it must be mistaken, but apparently not.
>
> Doug

It looks like Mythweb is using JQuery and prototype.js loaded from a
'(hopefully) known-good' copy at Google.

mike at bifrost ~/mythweb $ grep -r googleapis *
modules/_shared/tmpl/default/header.php:        <script src="
https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/prototype/1.7.3.0/prototype.js
"></script>
modules/_shared/tmpl/default/header.php:        <script src="
https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/3.2.1/jquery.min.js"></script>

I'm reluctant to believe that any of the purported benefits of doing so
even apply to Mythweb (local) usage.

I personally believe it would be worth to putting in a bug report to
instead move jquery and prototype.js code to a directory locally in the
MythWeb files. IMHO this would be the more sane option for a local (vs
globally accessible) webapp; why rely on anything remote if its meant to be
used only on a LAN?

Mike