[mythtv-users] Amdgpu disable power management?

Hika van den Hoven hikavdh at gmail.com
Thu Aug 24 23:13:47 UTC 2017

Hoi Daniel,

Friday, August 25, 2017, 12:57:13 AM, you wrote:

> Anyone know how to disable power management on the amdgpu driver?
> Whenever I turn off the TV it disconnects and I'm left with a black
> screen when I try to turn it back on. Sometimes I have to unplug the
> HDMI cable before restarting lighten.
> This is on xubuntu 16.04.
> I tried putting a minimal xorg config to disable hot plugging, but it had no effect.

I don't think it's a powermanagement thing, but a HDMI thing. There
have been maybe a year ago several threads about this.
I use in my boot manager:

modeset=1 video=DVI-I-1:e

to force the hdmi port to be enabled, independent of any connected
monitor. Which one will be your hdmi is dependent on your card.

Tot mails,
  Hika                            mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com

"Zonder hoop kun je niet leven
Zonder leven is er geen hoop