[mythtv-users] Restarting mythfrontend with Flirc device

Mark Perkins perkins1724 at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 24 09:45:55 UTC 2017

On 24 August 2017 2:59:08 pm Ian Evans <dheianevans at gmail.com> wrote:

> Just reading the various lirc and IR threads and thinking I might want to
> go the Flirc route when I migrate to 16.04.
>
> The mythbuntu control center enabled a two remote button method to kill and
> relaunch a frozen frontend process. Since I don't have the product yet, for
> those that do, does Flirc allow you to map a key to a script?
>
> Thanks.

Yes can map a button to script. Been a bit since I set mine up but I run a script on press of the 'off' button of my remote to check what screen MFE is on and then jump point to the menu or execute exit twice then put everything to sleep.

Note that the flirc config program doesn't run out-of-the-box on all OS. I have to run a Ubuntu boot CD because my machines are all Centos 7. Once it is setup the config stays with the stick so you can unplug / replug elsewhere.