[mythtv-users] lirc_serial move to serial_ir nightmare in kernel 4.12

Tom Dexter digitalaudiorock at gmail.com
Wed Aug 23 15:43:12 UTC 2017

On Wed, Aug 23, 2017 at 11:26 AM, Alec Leamas <leamas.alec at gmail.com> wrote:

> So, this is a lot of of info.... but basically all looks sane besides that
> lircd cannot decode the data, even though irrecord was able to create a
> config file.
>
> Really, this makes me think the unthinkable: is the remote broken somehow?
> Are you able to test another remote? Frankly, I have no other idea, my head
> is empty.
>
> --alec
>
> PS: we should check the config file as well,  could you provide a link? DS

The physical remote being broken? No possible way. I have two of those
which both work flawlessly with lirc_serial in the 4.9.34 kernel and
I've been testing with both.

When you say the config file, if you mean the remote config, I
attached the generated one to the email thread on the lirc mailing
list, plus a link to the default phillips TIVO34 config that works
with lirc_serial.

The data coming from serial_ir clearly must be very different from the
data that comes from lirc_serial. It's possible that is somehow
specific to the format coming from the TIVO remote. As I pointed out
when I attached that irrecord generated config, it's getting picked up
as 32 bit instead of 16 with irrecord an serial_ir.

Tom