[mythtv-users] lirc_serial move to serial_ir nightmare in kernel 4.12

Alec Leamas leamas.alec at gmail.com
Wed Aug 23 14:24:08 UTC 2017

On 23/08/17 16:13, Tom Dexter wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 23, 2017 at 9:48 AM, Alec Leamas <leamas.alec at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> On 23/08/17 14:37, Tom Dexter wrote:
>>

>>> Alec: Regarding your request on the other thread to
>>> increase the log level and start lircd, and try irw, I made sure my
>>> lirc_options.conf had:
>>>
>>> loglevel       = 7
>>> logfile = /root/lirc.log
>>>
>>> I use sysklogd and I'd have to figure out how to reoconfigure that to
>>> show debug level output. With the above, I do get logging to that
>>> file, but it doesn't appear any different than what I was getting:
>>>
>>> Aug 23 08:32:45.279510 mythfront lircd: Info: lircd:  Opening log, level:
>>> Info
>>>

>> Something is very broken here. It seems that for some reason your lircd does
>> not pickup the setting from lirc_options.conf. I have no idea why.  The
>> recommended value in this case is 'debug', not '7', though.
>>
>> You could test to add the --loglevel command line option in the startup
>> script.
>>
>> Also, a link to the lircd.conf you are using would make sense.
>>
>> --a
>>
> Why does the example show "loglevel = 6"?:
>
> https://sourceforge.net/p/lirc/git/ci/master/tree/lirc_options.conf
>
> It took be forever to set up everything for that test. I can do it
> over again if that was incorrect. Seems really odd though.

The loglevel option is documented in the lircd(8) manpage - the options
file keys corresponds exactly to the command line options. The example
is just, well, an example.

If you still don't get the expected behaviour, just stop all services
and run lircd from the commandline. You probably then need the
--nodaemon option together with --loglevel, --logfile, --device and
--driver.

Cheers!

--alec