[mythtv-users] lirc_serial move to serial_ir nightmare in kernel 4.12

Tom Dexter digitalaudiorock at gmail.com
Wed Aug 23 05:06:41 UTC 2017

On Tue, Aug 22, 2017 at 5:01 PM, Richard Shaw <hobbes1069 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 22, 2017 at 3:50 PM, Tom Dexter <digitalaudiorock at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> Hey Richard. If you could just verify a few things for me, seeing as
>> you have a working setup with all this:
>>
>> 1. In your lirc_options.conf are the driver and device default, and
>> /dev/lirc0 respectively?
>

> Here's what I have in the main section:
> [lircd]
> nodaemon        = False
> driver          = default
> device          = auto
> output          = /var/run/lirc/lircd
> pidfile         = /var/run/lirc/lircd.pid
> plugindir       = /usr/lib64/lirc/plugins
> permission      = 666
> allow-simulate  = No
> repeat-max      = 600
> #effective-user  = lirc
> effective-user  = root
>

>> 2. What related modules are loaded? I'd assume obviously serial_ir,
>> and probably lirc_dev(?), but I'd assume that ir-lirc-codec would NOT
>> be there.
>

> # lsmod | grep lirc
> ir_lirc_codec          16384  3
> lirc_dev               20480  1 ir_lirc_codec
> rc_core                36864  6
> ir_rc6_decoder,rc_rc6_mce,ir_lirc_codec,lirc_dev,serial_ir
>
>  # lsmod | grep serial
> serial_ir              20480  0
> rc_core                36864  6
> ir_rc6_decoder,rc_rc6_mce,ir_lirc_codec,lirc_dev,serial_ir
>
> Did both so you could see what's a dependency for each...
>
> Thanks,
> Richard

Sorry to be a bother, but as a sanity check could you see if you have
this file and what it contains:

cat /sys/class/rc/rc0/protocols

I specifically want to see if you're in fact using the lirc protocol
(which I believe must be the case)...that is:
cat /sys/class/rc/rc0/protocols
rc-5 nec rc-6 jvc sony rc-5-sz sanyo sharp mce_kbd xmp [lirc]

Thank in advance!
Tom