[mythtv-users] lirc_serial move to serial_ir nightmare in kernel 4.12

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 22 21:01:20 UTC 2017

On Tue, Aug 22, 2017 at 3:50 PM, Tom Dexter <digitalaudiorock at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hey Richard. If you could just verify a few things for me, seeing as
> you have a working setup with all this:
>
> 1. In your lirc_options.conf are the driver and device default, and
> /dev/lirc0 respectively?

Here's what I have in the main section:
[lircd]
nodaemon        = False
driver          = default
device          = auto
output          = /var/run/lirc/lircd
pidfile         = /var/run/lirc/lircd.pid
plugindir       = /usr/lib64/lirc/plugins
permission      = 666
allow-simulate  = No
repeat-max      = 600
#effective-user  = lirc
effective-user  = root

> 2. What related modules are loaded? I'd assume obviously serial_ir,
> and probably lirc_dev(?), but I'd assume that ir-lirc-codec would NOT
> be there.

# lsmod | grep lirc
ir_lirc_codec          16384  3
lirc_dev               20480  1 ir_lirc_codec
rc_core                36864  6
ir_rc6_decoder,rc_rc6_mce,ir_lirc_codec,lirc_dev,serial_ir

 # lsmod | grep serial
serial_ir              20480  0
rc_core                36864  6
ir_rc6_decoder,rc_rc6_mce,ir_lirc_codec,lirc_dev,serial_ir

Did both so you could see what's a dependency for each...

Thanks,
Richard