[mythtv-users] USB IR receiver with TIVO 34 remote?

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Tue Aug 22 19:02:14 UTC 2017

On Tue, Aug 22, 2017 at 6:07 PM, Hika van den Hoven <hikavdh at gmail.com> wrote:

> That depends on the receiver. It must understand the protocol the
> remote is using.

I have this recollection (but I could easily be wrong, I have
only physically seen a peanut, never used one)  the TiVo
remotes use the NEC protocol (which many receivers support).
But then there is the code mapping (standards are wonderful
things, and many orgs chose their own code points).  I have
no idea if there is a current mapping.

But, in the end, this will be an exercise.  To minimize future
efforts, I would look to see if one can move to using the
kernel support for evdev and ir-keytable for a receiver
only approach (ir blasting is a different kettle).  There are
some docs in the wiki as I recall (and likely the list archives).