[mythtv-users] Best tuner for Myth/ATSC?

Tom Dexter digitalaudiorock at gmail.com
Tue Aug 22 05:46:19 UTC 2017

On Sun, Aug 20, 2017 at 10:57 PM, A. F. Cano <afc at shibaya.lonestar.org> wrote:

> I don't have cable so don't need any of those features.  I plan to use the
> new tuner exclusively for OTA (ATSC, NYC area).  I would prefer 2 or 3
> tuners and USB 3 as that is what the Liva X provides.

I use nothing but OTA ATSC (New York area as well actually!). When one
of my pcHDTV HD-5500 cards went and I discovered that they pretty much
don't exist any more I sent with an HDHomeRun Connect (US, model
HDHR4-2US). Can't possibly say enough about it. Two tuners with one
coax input and one Ethernet port. If you're not set on USB for some
reason, those are totally the way to go in my book. When any of my
other pcHDTV cards go I'm definitely getting another one just like it.

Tom