[mythtv-users] lirc_serial move to serial_ir nightmare in kernel 4.12

Tom Dexter digitalaudiorock at gmail.com
Tue Aug 22 01:52:16 UTC 2017

On Mon, Aug 21, 2017 at 8:55 PM, Alec Leamas <leamas.alec at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 22/08/17 02:30, Tom Dexter wrote:
>>
>> On Mon, Aug 21, 2017 at 7:46 PM, Tom Dexter <digitalaudiorock at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> This one just has me at my wits end. I'm running on Gentoo and am
>>> trying to update my kernel from 4.9.34 to 4.12.5. I'm running
>>> lircd-0.9.4a and had the lirc_serial stuff compiled directly into the
>>> kernel (no modules) and have the serial SERIAL_8250 stuff disabled (as
>>> required). This all works 100% with lirc_serial in 4.9.34.
>>>

>> Just another note on this: The mode2 program seems to confirm that my
>> /etc/lirc/lirc_options.conf, most notably the "default" driver is
>> apparently correct.
>>
>> I'm totally out of ideas at that point. The service startup shows that
>> it's using my tivo remote configuration. Everything right up to, but
>> not including, irw and/or any actual applications (including mythtv)
>> seem fine. Maddening.
>

> Could it be the kernel driver issue discussed in the lirc mailing list [1] ?
>

> --alec
>
> [1] https://sourceforge.net/p/lirc/mailman/message/35926194/

Still compiling...but wow. I do NOT understand what the replies in
that thread are implying, especially in regard to the serial stuff.
WTF? Are they saying they just plain don't work any more?

Any idea exactly what fix they're referring to there, and when it went
in? I can't figure it out at all.

Tom