[mythtv-users] turning off schedules direct

faginbagin mythtv at hbuus.com
Mon Aug 21 20:58:19 UTC 2017

On 8/20/2017 7:46 PM, Gary Buhrmaster wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 20, 2017 at 9:23 PM, Gabe Rubin <gaberubin at gmail.com> wrote:
>> ...  How do I
>> have my mythbox stop pinging schedules direct?
>
> Pretty sure if you go into setup, and delete the videosource
> any Schedules Direct reference (including your presumably
> no longer valid credentials) will go away and can't be used.
>
> As others have indicated, depending on how you are
> currently running mythfilldatabase, you may get other
> errors in the logs if there is no guide source (so delete
> the automatic and cron downloads), but deleting the
> videosource eliminates myth even thinking about trying
> to contact Schedules Direct.

But wouldn't deleting the videosource also delete all the channel
records associated with the videosource, leaving #chanid #chanid showing
up in watch recordings? At least that's what I've seen when I've deleted
a videosource.

Just want Gabe to be aware of all the implications of any choice he makes.