[mythtv-users] mythexport/mythimport is compatible with MythTV 29

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Wed Aug 16 08:13:41 UTC 2017

I have just checked the schemas of all the database tables used by
mythexport and mythimport, and they have not changed between MythTV
0.28 and MythTV 29.  So my versions of mythexport and mythimport for
0.28 are fine for use with v29 also:

http://www.jsw.gen.nz/mythtv/mythimport.html

I have also put a slightly updated version of mythimport on my web
server (version 3.0.5).  The significant changes from 3.0.0 are:

1) Mythimport checks for sufficient free space on the destination
drive and will not over fill it so that other recordings could be
autoexpired.
2) Mythimport tries to change the ownership of the recording files to
mythtv:mythtv and also to change the permissions to the same as used
by recordings created directly by mythbackend.  This works on all my
test systems, but I only have MythTV running on Mythbuntu, so I can
not guarantee it will work on all systems.
3) The method of determining the hostname to be used for the MythTV
database lookups has been adjusted to better cope with some edge
cases.
3) All the useless warning messages from MariaDB that were being
produced in mythimport are now suppressed.  With MySQL, there are
still two warning messages at the start of mythinput that I have so
far been unable to suppress.